Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back in the saddle again . . .

After two weeks with no bike time, today I got back in the saddle. I met two of my swimming buddies, A and N, for a 2 hourish ride with some hill repeats. Just as we were heading up the hill on Kennedy (just past my Gammy & Gaga's old house) I hit a milestone on my bike.



1,000 miles! One thousand miles? How did I do that?

It was a fun ride. I huff-and-puffed my way up Kennedy (only one stop) with A & N saying things like "we are almost there, the top is just around this corner, keep going." They lie. Or, they have a different idea of "almost there" than I do. But we did it and they kept me pushing when I would have stopped. Thanks, A & N! We went back down the hill to do it again. And, weirdly, it was easier the second we went up. My legs were more tired but my heartrate and breathing were under control. I see more hills in my future.

I'm trying to back in training mode, the Mermaid Tri is one month away!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Yay! Kennedy is a great training hill. Good incline but not too steep. Woohoo for 1000 miles!