Thursday, September 3, 2009

Why do you want to lose weight?

This was the question posed at WW last night. We were supposed to write down why we want to lose weight to remind us why were are counting points, moving more, and drinking lots of water. Other people had things on their list like:
  • reduce my blood pressure or cholesterol medication
  • get a knee or hip replacement
  • prevent cancer/heart disease
  • play with my kids/grandkids
My list:
  • look better in clothes
  • buy cuter bras
  • wear jeans with a belt
  • feel more attractive and confident
  • be more active
My WW buddy looked at my list and said, "be more active? are you kidding? you are more active than most skinny people!" Hmm . . . that is kinda true. What do I really mean? Okay, how about:
  • feel more comfortable while active
  • swim/bike/run faster
  • be able to ride up hills more easily
Other than the "more active" part of the list my list seems a little vain. I guess I'm lucky that I don't have to take medication or have any weight related medical conditions. Yet. So, I will add:
  • to prevent potential weight related medical conditions
Next up, we'll see how this list helps my "weight loss journey."

No comments: