Sunday, March 15, 2009

Look . . . no hands!

Today the family was celebrating Mom's birthday. She wanted us to go for a ride while she served a SAG. First, Sara picked up her new bike, whoo hoo! It's a beautiful black and red Specialized Roubaix. So sexy. She is going to need coordinated clothes to go with it. Especially a new helmet.

Once we got going it was a great ride. Perfect March weather. We decided to try out the recreation trail along the San Lorenzo River. Not very long, but good for trying out new bikes and avoiding people, stop signs, and lights. :-)

And, we're off:

(someone remind me to not lock my knees in pics.)

Our destination, East Cliff Drive. Sara and I pose with our supafast bikes:




The ride to the beach was a little faster than we expected, so Mom wasn't there with B-B-Q yet. We rode around the Seabright neighborhood and then down to the harbor.

The Endurance Chicks:


Caleb (with helmet):


Dad with his new bike (next purchase bike pants):


On the way back I finally got the nerve to try to ride no hands and I did it!!!! I'm so stoked. I love riding no hands and totally couldn't do it on my hybrid. Unfortunately, I had the camera so there is no visual documentation of this skill. You will just have to take my word for it. ;-)

No comments: