Saturday, March 28, 2009

What a difference a bike makes.

Oh . . . my . . . god. I can ride up hill. It's not easy, but it's possible. Today I went for a ride with Sara. We debated between two routes and decided to stick with riding a loop the Stanford campus, it's about 5 miles from Sara's office. Last year we did the route a few times while training for the Mermaid Triathlon in Fremont. When I was riding The Thing it was not a fun ride. It isn't steep but Stanford is on hill, and any incline was hard riding my old bike. Today, I rode up that hill and was truly surprised when I got to the top. "That's it? The hill seemed much longer last year." We did the complete loop twice and then I voluntarily went up the hill a third time. On the third trip up the hill we turned left on to Juniperro Serra where I hit 21 mph. My fastest ever. Overall, a great ride on my new supafast bike with Sara and her new bike.

Oh, and it was an absolutely beautiful day!!!

No comments: