Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yes, I still swim . . .

I know. There has been a lot of run, jog, walk talk lately. Only two more weeks of all this run talk. But first here is some swimming.

I have moved myself over to lane 4, the somewhat fast lane. I usually swim last and barely make some of the intervals but that is the only way to get faster. Right? Here is the workout this morning with my sarcastic comments:
  • 12 x 25 on :30, :30, :20
  • 8 x 75 kick, IM order - some interval
Main Set
  • 200 IM
  • 200 non free
  • 6 x 50 kick (I think)
  • 4 x 100 on 1:30
Repeat the above 3 times (what has Coach T being reading/smoking/thinking?)
  • 8 x 100 on 1:30
  • And, then something about pool lifts.
I'm barely making 100s on 1:30, its touch-n-go. I'm hoping that if I suffer for a few months I will get faster. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Haha! My training log for Liz said "today was IM day. that's all I have to say about THAT." I went with the a la carte approach today - I'm trying to save my arms for Saturday's swim.

Great job! I had noticed you were moved over to the big kids' lane! :)

blondeez said...

100s on 1:30 seems impossible to me. I'm making them comfortably on 2:00 right now, but I don't even know if I can go much faster!

Moving up to the faster lane is intimidating, I'm sure, but you will get faster and fitter there. Bonus question: does this mean you're out of QB's lane?