Saturday, February 28, 2009

I ran, I ran so far away . . .

I was supposed to swim this morning and then go to the Mermaid Run Clinic. Well, after a fun night out with JG in SF, I didn't get home until 1:30 am. I decided a 6am swim was unlikely. so, run clinic is was.

After a little trouble finding the right parking lot, I found the Mermaids and listened to a good talk from Coach H about pacing and goals. I'm going to do the 10K at the Mermaid Run on March 22nd. Just 4 weeks away. Eek! For the run clinic I decided to run the 5K route and see how I did running 2 minutes and walking 1 minute. Coach H had me give running a try again last Tuesday and it felt okay. Today felt okay, too. Just before I got to the turn around I was getting pretty tired and did a little extra walking. I slowed down on the way back but kept up the 2/1 pattern. I managed to push the last few hundred yards and finish in 1:00:30.

Three weeks of increasing my distance left. We will see . . .

No comments: