Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'd Rather be Sleeping.

What to do when you don't want to swim? Swim anyway.

When the alarm went off this morning at 5:14am, I didn't want to get up. I hit snooze and when the alarm went of again at 5:21am, I still didn't want to get up. My bag was packed and Jemma's kong was ready, but I was tired. I continued the alarm snooze game at 5:28, 5:35, and 5:42. Finally, at 5:49 I hauled my butt out of bed. Ugh. I went to bed at 9:30pm, why was I so tired?

Got up, put on my suits, grabbed a banana, leashed the dog, and took her out to "hurry." I still didn't want to swim, I wanted to s-l-e-e-p. Picked up my swim bag and headed to the pool. Luckily, I only live a mile from the pool and there isn't much traffic at 6am.

Here was the workout I attempted:
  • 12 x 25 on the :30, :30, :20
  • 10 x 50 kick on 1:00
  • 10 x 100 swim, negative split on 1:50
  • 6 x 200 pull on 3:00 (I did 4, but not on an interval)
  • 6 x 100 kick (I did 1 and got out)
  • 10 x 100 with snorkel (oh, darn. I didn't get to this)
I spent the workout telling myself to push harder. Then the next lap was, "oh, ef it."

Today's lesson? Doing any workout when you don't feel like it is a successful workout. At least as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment:

blondeez said...

Good job getting out there! I missed my swim last night and now I feel like a slug. No more counting on being able to exercise after work, I guess. I can't decide what to do today, but I'd better get in gear quick. You, on the other hand, are done!

You walking tomorrow?