Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh right . . . swimming

That's right this blog is supposed to include swimming. I got all wrapped up the bike stuff. As if you hadn't noticed.

This mornings workout:

  • Warm up
  • 12 x 25 on the :30, :30, :20
  • 6 x 100 IM kick on 2:00
  • 5 x 300 on something like 5:00. (They were supposed to be pull: 100 back, 100 breast, 100 free. Instead we did swim: odds back, breast, free and evens free.)
  • 8 x 100 on 1:50 (my goal was to finish them on the 1:40 and I did it!)

And, then I was done. 3,300 yards.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh good, I'm not the only one who didn't do the 5 x 300 exactly as intended. I did them all as pull but almost entirely free. Pulling back and breast are HARD, and besides I know where I really need the work anyway.

blondeez said...

3,300 yards! It sounds like so much when I am working toward 2,000. Great job!

Does your coach yell out the workout or do you have to look on a board/remember it? How do you decide to deviate?

I'm asking swimplan to leave fly and back out of my workouts because I'm likely to drown if I try more than 25 fly, and I can't swim a straight line on my back. Aaaaagh! If only masters weren't so expensive in my neighborhood.

melissa said...

M - you are right pulling back and breast is really hard. I pulled my paddle off in the lane line doing back.

B - Our coach writes the workout on the board. Sometimes he calls out the times but the different lanes have different times so he gives up after the first few sets. Usually, the lane agrees to deviate.