Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Training Without Team Mermaid

Today was the first day of training for Team Mermaid and I wasn't there. Effing economy. I gained so much from being part of TM last summer. I learned that I can push myself much harder than I usually do. Now I have to keep that up on my own. I'm not very good at that.
  • Swimming is built into my schedule, but I need to push, push, push myself to swim faster.
  • Walking is pretty much built because of my dear little Jemma. She needs her walks. But I do get distracted and forget to push myself to walk faster and do my planned mileage.
  • Cycling, I'm doing pretty good, with what I have. When I get my new bike I'm going to have to work on mileage.
  • Strength/Core . . . . . . . . . what? Did someone say strength? Core? Yeah, this is something I need to work on and dedicate myself to. I'll get back to you on that one. ;-)
Morgan Hill Sprint Tri: Um . . . water? Thanks to Molly, I found out that there is no water in Uvas Reservoir. None. And, the tri is in May. We will see what happens. Fremont Mermaid is probably the alternative. But who knows, I have no idea what water situation will be this. So far its bleak.

2 comments:

Molly said...

We'll get you going on bike mileage when you are ready, no worries there!

If Uvas doesn't work out, come do this one with me! It's the same price anyway. http://www.envirosports.com/events/event.php?eventid=2566

blondeez said...

If we can find a place to stay, let's do the Napa tri! I'll take that as my new shopping assignment. :P

Do you want me to check in with you on your workouts on our calendar? Is the calendar up to date with mileage?

I wish we could both do Mermaid this year but you will do great on your own--and you're not really on your own with a coach and all these friends pulling for you, even if you can't do the coached workouts.