Thursday, January 29, 2009

Swimmin' in the Fast Lane

I was running late this morning. I didn't get to the pool until 6:05. (I mean, really, how can that be late?) Anyway, "my lane" had five people in it and six would have been too many. Coach T said, "you can swim in that lane." The lane he was speaking of was the "fast lane". And, when I say fast, I mean f-a-s-t. I think it takes them seven strokes to get across the pool. *heavy sigh* I jumped in, put on my zoomers, and said, "I'll try and stay out of the way." I managed to stay out of way, barely. It was good for me. I need to work on a longer more powerful stroke if I ever want to make it to the "fast lane."

Today's workout:
  • 12 x 25 - :30, :30, :20
  • 6 x 100 kick - 2:00
  • 10 x 100 swim or pull - 1:30 (1:30!)
  • 12 x 50 IM order
  • 10 x 50 kick
. . . or something like that

3 comments:

Molly said...

*ahem* but you didn't walk in the locker room until 6:09. I know this because at 6:07 I said "If she's not here in 1 minute, I will have to go out on my own" and then I gave you a bonus minute before I actually did head out the door ;p

Molly said...

But seriously... you did good pushing yourself - it looked to me like you were doing well every time I looked over!

blondeez said...

Next time you're late he's going to make you do it without the zoomers!!

Okay, maybe not. But I bet you could do it!