Sunday, January 25, 2009

Overdue Updates . . .

Two of my few followers recently complained that I haven't updated my blog in awhile. So, get comfy this may take awhile . . .

Running, or maybe not . . .
Those aches and pains I was whining about? Yeah, as I was sitting in my chair icing my left foot, right knee, and lower back I thought maybe I'm not cut out for running. I saw my doctor about my back he said, "you kind of sprained your back." Kinda? Is that a medical term? Then he asked me to stop running to let my back heal and try again when I've lost more weight. No more running? Twist my arm . . . ouch! Not that hard. I'm a little disappointed because I was doing something I didn't ever think I would do. So, back to walking fast.

Swimming
Now that my back is feeling better and I'm not pulling the entire workout, I can get back to pushing myself. Between being sick and the pool closure, I've slowed down. :-( Not to mention that there are two swimmers who are pregnant and they are still faster than me. They should be pretty big by next month, so maybe I can pass them in February. Okay, I'm blathering, now. Here was Saturday's workout. Saturday at 6am in the rain:
  • 300 warm up
  • 12 x 25 on :30, :30, :20
  • 10 x 50 kick
  • 16 x 100 - IM order: 25 non-free, 75 free; 50 non-free, 50 free; 75 non-free, 25 free; 100 non-free.
  • some kicking
  • some pulling
  • 100 warm down.
Cycling
Not much of a change. Still on my heavy hybrid. I've been obsessively looking at bikes online. Serious shopping should begin in February. Today I went on (an eventually) fun ride with some of the Mermaids the this morning. It started off pretty cold and windy but we warmed up quickly. It is so great that we are getting together to do some training. Everyone is talking about some killer goals for this season.

AquaBike
Yep, I'm doing it. I'm registered for the 1/2 AquaBike at Vineman on August 1, 2009. 1.2 mile swim followed by a 56 mile bike ride. Swim *snap* no problem. 56 miles on the bike? What am I thinking? How long is that going to take? Forever? Okay, I know I can do it. But I think I'm going to be pretty tired when I'm done. Really tired. And, my butt will hurt.

Well, I think that is all. I know, a lot of reporting. I'll try to be a little more introspective next time. ;-)

3 comments:

Jill said...

yea! nice post. I wanna be a rock star swimmer like you someday.

Molly said...

Excellent update! See how easy it is to please your followers? :)

You got a mention on my blog today too. Peer pressure, it's what keeps us getting up at 5:30 am...

melissa said...

M - It's all about the peer pressure. ;-)

I blame my laptop's dead battery for the lack of posting. I can't watch tv and post at the same time. New battery this week.

J - come join us at 6am. Coach Tyson will kick your butt, too.