Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy, Healthy 2009!

Yes, I know, it's been a month since I posted. Nothing much happened activity-wise in December. Between work (my first exhibit Home Front opened), a cold, and the holidays eating well and getting exercise took a back seat. I did o.k. with exercise because Jemma does need a walk every day after all, but I had to stop running due to coughing. But it is a new year, my cold is gone, and the exhibit is open!

To start off the new year I'm doing a 30 day fruits and vegetable challenge. The goal is to eat at least five fruits and veggies a day. So far, so good.

Goals for 2009:

1. Lose an average of 1 lb a week.

2. Gradually work up to jogging for 5 minutes.

3. Swim faster. I don't really have a way to quantify this goal. Thanks to the comments I will change this to: Swim multiple 100's on the 1:30.

4. Get a "real" bike and ride faster.

Events for 2009:

3/22 - Mermaid Run, 10K: jog for 5 minutes, walk for ? minutes.
4/26 - Big Sur Marathon (no, not the marathon): 5K with Dad.
5/17 - Morgan Hill Sprint Triathlon: with a "real" bike.
7/26 - Catfish Crawl 2.4 miles
9/13 - Catfish Crawl ?
9/27 - Mermaid Triathlon Santa Cruz: I intend to crush last year's time.

3 comments:

Molly said...

"Swim faster. I don't really have a way to quantify this goal."

How about - move up a lane in masters by the end of the year? Improve your 100 time by 10 seconds? Improve your Catfish times over last year?

See, I'm just full of help :)

blondeez said...

Excellent goals! I like Molly's suggestions for swimming faster. How many faster lanes are there at masters? And doesn't your lane get faster over the season?

You are definitely going to crush your times at the Mermaid with your new bike and running.

Jill said...

great goals! Let's bike ride soon! I can't on MLK day because I don't have it off.Let me know if you wanna meet for a track workout sometime as well.