Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

I know it's Monday, but it was a furlough day for me so it seems like the weekend.

Saturday: a wash. I didn't feel good and vegged out all day.

Sunday: I went for a ride on the Uvas Sprint Tri bike course with The Mermaids. It was drizzly when we started and one Mermaid was reluctant to ride in the rain, but we talked her into it. It wasn't too bad at first, kinda refreshing. Then it really started raining. I was a little worried, but it didn't last long. It was a beautiful ride. We rode along Uvas Reservoir, up and down some rolling hills, saw a turkey that was gobbling, went by Chesboro Reservoir and the rode to Sue's old house. It was a little trip down memory lane. The was one steep climb that I just wasn't up for and ended up walking up. That is the first hill I've walked up since I got my new bike. :-) We continued on and I was pretty tried. Gina had to listen to me crab and whine my way back. I was supposed to do a 2 hour, 15 minute ride, but due to the time of the month I was done after 1 hour, 29 minutes, 29 seconds.

Monday: Furlough Day! (yes, I'm trying to make it sound exciting that I'm not working or getting paid.) I got up at 6am for a walk with Pam. That's a pretty big deal for a day that I could have slept in. I decided that since Saturday was a wash that I had to be productive. I had a bike ride scheduled but I knew if I went on the ride I wouldn't want to do any cleaning or organizing. My biggest task was cleaning out the fridge and finding all of my "missing" plastic containers. Dude, after I cleaned out the fridge it was really, really empty. I maybe having some interesting meals until payday. Finally, I headed out for my bike ride. Assignment: 1 hour, 25 minutes with 12 intervals of 1 minute all out and 2 minutes spin for recovery. I decided to try a city route and left from my apartment. I had a great time and enjoyed the ride much more than Friday's. It was a little interesting doing the intervals with stoplights but I made it work.

Tomorrow is my big day: Master's and Team Mermaid. I hope the legs keep working!

No comments: