Saturday, December 12, 2009

Catching up

Where have I been? What have I been doing? Nothing. Really, truly, nothing.

In October and early November I was working hard to have a strong 5K at the Mermaid Run San Francisco. I week before the race a medical issue (nothing serious) popped up and I wasn't able to do the race. :-( I've been out of commission since November 9th. No swimming. No biking. No real running. Last week I started reintroducing running to my legs. I start swimming again on Tuesday!

In the middle of my month off I had the amazing experience of watching my friend Molly complete her first Ironman in Tempe Arizona. Watching more than 2,500 people attempt to swim, bike, run 140.6 miles was incredible. That is some dedication and training. I wasn't inspired to complete one myself (it's the marathon) but a half-ironman in couple of years is not out of the question.

This week will be my first week back to regular exercise. It will be interesting. I haven't gone this long without exercise in years. Years! I hope one month off isn't like starting from scratch.

Next up . . . training for a 10K in February. Get ready for a lot of whining about running.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I was wondering when you would post an update. I took a month off after my knee injury and while my first 5k wasn't my best, I did it. And everything since then has been really great. You can do it!