Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Week 1 - 10K training

The week started off rough but got better day by day. My first run was good for about 1.5 miles, but the last mile was miserable. I got my heart rate up too high and just felt crappy. I took more walking breaks than I wanted but I made sure I ran a for 2.5 miles. On Tuesday, I met a friend at the track for a "tempo" run. I'm not sure if it was exactly what Hal Higdon had in mind but we were out there running in the cold December evening. My next run was scheduled for Christmas Day. I kept to the plan and went with Dad to West Cliff Drive and ran 2 miles in my new running shirt and tights. :-) I didn't expect West Cliff to be quite so busy, but it was a beautiful day!


On Saturday I met up with some Mermaids for a practice run on the Los Gatos Creek Trail up towards Lexington Reservoir. (Somehow those tricky Mermaids talked me into doing the Resolution Run on 1/1/2010. We thought it was a 5K, but no, it's 5 miles.) We did 3 miles with a little walking. Overall, it was a pretty good first week of training and I think this whole 10K thing will be a good thing.

Also, Santa was very good to me this year. Both Sara and I were lucky enough to get transition bags. At the end of the day we packed all of our gifts into the bags.


Totals:
Miles - 10.26
Time - 2:29:22
Avg Pace - 14.33

1 comment:

Molly said...

You ran more miles than me this week! :) Good job, great start to the training!