Thursday, October 16, 2008

Arms, what arms?

Thursdays workout
12 x 25 on :30, :30, :20
6 x 75 kick IM order
10 x 50 on :55
12 x 100 pull on 1:45
Then it kinda of fell apart
We were supposed to do 6 X 50s in IM blocks. We did 3 of each stroke and then moved on.
3 x 50 off the blocks (totally hard to pull myself out of the deep end of the pool after all that pulling.)

I don't know what my coach is thinking lately, but these workouts have been hard. Those 100 pulls were hard! I wanted to take a "masters discount" at #6, my arms were hurting. But I decided, no, you get faster and stronger by pushing. So, I pushed through all 12 and made them all on the 1:45 interval!

I've lost my focus a little in the healthy eating area. I'm up .8 lbs in the last 3 weeks. Not a really big deal, but time to to get back in the game. Goals for this week:
  1. Track my points. All of them.
  2. Plan, prepare and eat meals.
  3. Bring healthy snacks (veggies, fruit, popcorn, etc.) to work for impending stress eating.
I know I can do this. I'll report good news next week!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I wish we'd gotten to do the pulls. I love the pulling. My feet are blistered and bloody from the fins...too much kicking.