Friday, October 10, 2008

A blog? I started a blog?

Well, now what do I write? I'll start with the title. Swimming. I've always loved the water. Anytime I saw a pool, river, lake, or beach, I wanted to go swimming. (However, I quickly discovered that most beaches in northern California and rivers and lakes in the Sierras are freezing!) Luckily Mom and Dad signed me up for swimming lessons in the summer. After my swim teacher convinced me that, no, I couldn't swim with my head out of the water, I turned out to be a pretty good swimmer. I don't remember when I started with the swim team but I think I started going to meets when I was 9. Since then I have loved swimming. I feel the best, graceful, weightless, fast, strong, when I'm swimming. So, if you were to ask me if I would rather do almost anything or swimming, I would probably pick swimming.

So. Swimming will probably come up frequently in this blog. Other topics will be eating healthy, losing weight, training for open water swims & triathlons, random history geekyness, and my dog Jemma.

1 comment:

Molly said...

An excellent start! :)

I thought of you when my coach posted the other day about swimming in Kona in water so warm and clear they could see schools of fish and pods of dolphins 30 feet underneath them.