Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6/22 - Run somewhere fun for 35 minutes

Run and fun in the same sentence? Okay, I'll give it a try. I took Jemma for a run in Vasona Park. I've never run there but running near the water sounded nice. And, it was for the most part. The geese were pretty entertaining. Three times there were hundreds of them blocking the trail. One time we divided the group when we came down the trail and there was one goose that couldn't decide which group to go with. It finally sprinted across the trail, very cute. Later, I got to witness a geese stampede. I guess Jemma freaked them out (and they freaked out Jemma) and they created a dust cloud when the ran for the water. I finished my run and headed home with a tired dog.

3 comments:

blondeez said...

Running AND geese and no freakouts? That's a good day!

Molly said...

LGCT is always a pretty spot for running - it does keep you distracted and Vasona especially was a good choice!

melissa said...

blondeez: well, the geese stayed on the ground. if they had taken flight it would have been "Woman falls into lake and dragged by dog when geese take flight."