Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6/29 - :55 run/walk & 6/30 - Masters & Mermaids

6/29 - I jogged 4 minutes & walked 1 minute eleven times. My achilles felt okay during the "run" but later it was tired.

6/30 - Masters was canceled to due extreme chlorine problem, hopefully it will be open again on Thursday. I swam with Cindy and Nancy at the Fremont High School pool. It was set up for long course, it was an interesting swim. Damn, 50 meters is a long way. We made some attempts at 200 IMs and I was doing okay until my foot cramped during fly.

Mermaids = more swimming and running. My achilles was tight during the swim this morning so I decided to walk at TeamMermaid. We started with a swim at Camden pool which is hot and salty. (whatever happened to cool pools? all I'm asking is 80 - 82 degrees) I jumped in at the deep and went all the way to the bottom and pushed off the bottom. Ow! No that hurt my achilles. Duh. We did a 200 warm up and then swim at 85% for 20 minutes. I did something pretty close to 1000 yards. Then it was time for transition from swim to run. Ha, ha! We must have look charming with wet boobs and butts. After the first lap, I stopped to get a rock out of my shoe and Coach H was shocked when I pulled off and put on my shoe without untying the laces. "Well, no wonder your achilles hurts! You need to tighten your laces!" Then she proceeded to tie my shoes for me. I did feel more stable but, dude, those were tight. I guess I need to find the right tension for my feet. Something to work on.

No comments: