Saturday, June 27, 2009

6/27 - Ride 1:30, easy run :40

I've been looking forward to this workout all week. This was a tough week for me. The time on the bike increased and I had a little trouble figuring how to do the workouts and go to work. But I did it and I'm very proud of myself.

This morning I met up with some of the Mermaids. Gina F., Ashley, and Naama were doing a 3 hour ride and I joined them for half of it. We met up the Campbell Track and headed west on Campbell, which turned into Prospect, and continued on to Saratoga - Sunnyvale Road. Then when we headed for the hills to Highway 9. I was a little worried about the hills on my clickity-clackity bike, but I did okay. I took the hills nice and easy so I didn't have to worry about the random gear changes. I had planned to stop after 50 minutes and head home, but I decided to make a loop instead. I left the Mermaids at Blossom Hill and Los Gatos Blvd. I found my way to the LGCT and headed to Wheel Away to address the clicks-and-clacks.

The guys at Wheel Away were great! They seemed to know what "clickity-clackity" meant and adjusted the cable and gave it a little oil. And, it was as smooth as silk. Thanks Wheel Away Guys!

Oh yeah, and there was no running. The top of my foot was hurting.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Awesome job getting through all those hard workouts this week. I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your rest day!